Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Web Quests

Well now that I finished creatng the webquest I finally had the chance to finish Tom March's article on What webquests are. It was interesting but raised lots of issues of the complexity of webquests. They are not really the simple things that they appear to be. I knew that the Quest I created had holes in it but I did not realise that I might have the major gaps that May now be present.

The things that March goes into create complexities that my toddler like understandings of technology can not yet grasp. I know that leaerning should be rich and engaging and I know that there should be more to the use of computers in the classroom than simply typing into word or using power point to create presentations. THough they are places to start.

I do however think that March ignores the fact that there are things that most students would rather be doing on the internet. Checking out fashions, emailing their friends etc. No matter how much fun I make the computer lesson I am yet to figure out how it is I can encourage my students to engage in the task at hand instead of going of in tangents.

I think that thw creation of a blog may assist in this but there is some resistance on the part of my school. They think that it will lead to students posting unsavory things, people posting unwanted comments etc. However I feel that these are all likely to occur in the activities and lives that the students encounter daily.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?